Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The idea that electrolytes are a myth is, itself, a myth.



As an admittedly heavy drinker, I find myself in a near constant state of dehydration. To combat this perpetual thirst and to stave off the inevitable brain implosions, I drink VitaCoco. But I'm not in love with that name so I call it "CocoVita," which I think rolls out a bit smoother. Here's a few factoids I pulled off somebody else's website. Quote:

It’s a natural isotonic beverage, with the same level of electrolytic balance as we have in our blood. It’s the fluid of life... In fact, during the Pacific War of 1941-45, both sides in the conflict regularly used coconut water – siphoned directly from the nut – to give emergency plasma transfusions to wounded soldiers.

Boom. COCONUT BLOOD.

0 comments:

Post a Comment