Saturday, February 12, 2011

all my friends are dreamers and drunks


i hate banks. maybe not "hate," although I want to hate them, in fact would hate them, if the very thought of banks didn't make me so goddamn tired. and when I got this latest letter, stating that I'm now going to be charged a monthly "maintenance" fee for having an open checking account, I wasn't even surprised. my bank is like a consistently disappointing child and I am the aging parent who finally says, fuck it, the kid's on his own, I've got to live my life now. happy in my empty nest.

1 comments:

Steve said...

There needs to be a banking equivalent of a dog. The beauty of owning a dog is that they rarely disappoint. I've never seen a dog owner scolding their K-9 in the middle of the street with a scathing summation as to how they've let them down over the course of their lives. And the beauty of a dog, is that even if it does disappoint (whether through bad behavior or rabies), three fingers of whiskey down the pipe and a good bullet to the offender's head is all it takes to make the problem go away. Like Old Yeller. But with banking. And more guns.

Post a Comment